Remember to get your sports physicals and activity fees turned in to the main office at LJHS before our first practice on NOVEMBER 17, 2014
Bring your poles and running shoes to practice. Dress for outdoor workouts!
See you soon!
Laramie Junior High Nordic Team
Chris Hamann Heath Brown
Information/Practice Schedules etc.
First Practice November 17, 2014
3:30pm (bus departs for Happy Jack Trails) 5:3Opm( arrive back to school)
No Snow- Practices will start and end at Scout Park
Requirements for team participation:
1. No previous experience necessary
2. A willingness to learn and improve on your own personal experience level
3. Sports Physical form (Both sides filled out) turned in to main office
4. Activity fee paid to LJHS-- turned in to Main Office
1. To provide an opportunity in a team atmosphere for students to experience the sport of Nordic Skiing.
2. Knowing that all team members will start with varying abilities, to improve and grow in those abilities.
3. To participate and experience true Nordic racing in a meet.
4. All team members will learn to wax skis and take care of personal equipment.
1. Nordic skis, boots and poles
We will train for both techniques in the Nordic world. Classic and Skate. It is possible to find one pair of skis that will do both. (good for the beginner) and one pair of boots that is good for both. Option 2. A pair of skis for each technique. Check with local ski businesses for season long rentals if you do not own skis. All in town are good and can help you. Bindings on skis are not universal fit. Make sure your boots are the right system for your skis. Try them in the store before getting them to the trails.
2. Winter clothing
A quick lesson in how to dress for success...
- layers, layers, layers... Bottom layer of wicking (Under Armor, Columbia, Mountain Hardware, etc. ) long underwear, tops and bottoms. Ski tights or lightweight fleece pants, lightweight fleece top, wind pants and jacket. Reserve the heavy jacket for the bus. Hat and gloves. Cotton sweat pants and sweat shirts, jeans etc. soak up water and do not dry. They are not safe in cold conditions. Cotton kills. Show up to practice in these and you will not be allowed off the bus.
3. Water bottle and somehow to carry it. Hydration packs with tubes freeze if not worn under a jacket.
Name______________________________ Grade ___School__________________________________
Parents name______________________________________ Phone_____________________________
Email you want info sent to:____________________________________________________________
(This address will be included in a team list)
Rate your ski ability:
Beginner (Never skied before)------- Sort of Beginner (Less than 5 times) Intermediate (More than 5 times) ------ Advanced
Medical issues coaches need to know about. ( Diabetes, seizures, anorexia, etc.)
Days of the week you will not make practice because of other commitments.
As a participant of the Laramie Junior High Nordic Team, I understand that I am expected to abide by the Athletic Code of Conduct included in the LJHS handbook. I understand that at all times while on this team, I am representing LJHS, the Nordic Team and the Sport of Nordic Skiing. I understand that my behaviour directly effects my performance. If such behaviour becomes a chronic problem or there is no resolution thru ACSD1 policies, I can be asked to leave the team.
Cross Country Connection Rental Night
November 6, 2014 (Monday)
Racer 1 Combi $150 wood core junior race gear smallest gear down to 122cm skis
Racer 2 Combi $200 RCS junior skis-aircore mid size skis for juniors under 5'2" and under 115lbs
Racer 3 Combi $350 crs adult sized skis adult Fischer Combi boots skis from 172 on up
****Combi Package – 2 pair of skis, Combi boots and poles
***Single Package- either skate or classic skis, boots, poles
Complete and take to rental night.
Experience Level (Beginner –Advanced)________________Rental package desired________________________________