Fort Practice November 30 or December 1
Ski rentals: Just go and rent. Remember to tell the staff at Cross Country Connection that you are on the team! Also Northgate Ski has season rentals for Classic only but they do not have a deal on Ski team.
Laramie Junior High Nordic Team
Chris Hamann Heath Brown
Information/Practice Schedules etc.
First Practice: November 30 or December 1 ,2015
Team Orange) Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Team Black) Tuesday/ Thursday optional Friday
3:30pm (bus departs for Happy Jack Trails) 5:3Opm( arrive back to school)
In town- Practices (3:30 to 5PM)
Requirements for team participation:
1. No previous experience necessary
2. A willingness to learn and improve on your own personal experience level
3. Sports Physical form (Both sides filled out)
4. Activity fee paid to LJHS
5. Code of Conduct
6. Info Snap online information current
1. To provide an opportunity in a team atmosphere for students to experience the sport of Nordic Skiing.
2. Knowing that all team members will start with varying abilities, to improve and grow in those abilities.
3. To participate and experience true Nordic racing in a meet.
4. All team members will learn to wax skis and take care of personal equipment.
1. Nordic skis, boots and poles
Team A) Will train for both techniques in the Nordic world. Classic and Skate. A pair of skis for each technique.
Team B) Will concentrate on Classic Skiing. Only one pair of skis needed.
Highly Suggested! Ski bag that holds all your skis, and poles.
Check with local ski businesses for season long rentals if you do not own skis. All in town are good and can help you. Bindings on skis are not universal fit. Make sure your boots are the right system for your skis. Try them in the store before getting them to the trails.
Put your name on all your equipment!
2. Winter clothing
A quick lesson in how to dress for success...
- layers, layers, layers... Bottom layer of wicking (Under Armor, Columbia, Mountain Hardware, etc. ) long underwear, tops and bottoms. Ski tights or lightweight fleece pants, lightweight fleece top, wind pants and jacket. Reserve the heavy jacket for the bus. Hat and gloves. Cotton sweat pants and sweat shirts, jeans etc. soak up water and do not dry. They are not safe in cold conditions. Cotton kills. Show up to practice in these and you will not be allowed off the bus.
The coaches do not have a supply of extra hats and gloves. You must be be responsible for your own. You will be asked to not ski if you do not have proper warm gear!
3. Water bottle and somehow to carry it. Hydration packs with tubes freeze if not worn under a jacket.
4. The team will provide all waxing equipment required to maintain skis thru the season.
Name______________________________ Grade ___School__________________________________
Parents name______________________________________ Phone_____________________________
Email you want info sent to:____________________________________________________________
(This address will be included in a team list)
Rate your ski ability:
Team Black) Beginner (Never skied before)------- Sort of Beginner
( Less than 5 times )
Team Orange) Intermediate (More than 5 times) ------ Advanced
Medical issues coaches need to know about. ( Diabetes, seizures, anorexia, etc.)
Days of the week you will not make practice because of other commitments.
As a participant of the Laramie Junior High Nordic Team, I understand that I am expected to abide by the Athletic Code of Conduct included in the LJHS handbook. I understand that at all times while on this team, I am representing LJHS, the Nordic Team and the Sport of Nordic Skiing. I understand that my behaviour directly effects my performance. If such behaviour becomes a chronic problem or there is no resolution thru ACSD1 policies, I can be asked to leave the team.
Cross Country Connection Rental Info
Racer 1 Combi $150 wood core junior race gear smallest gear down to 122cm skis
Racer 2 Combi $200 RCS junior skis-air core- mid size skis for juniors under 5'2" and under 115lbs
Racer 3 Combi $350 adult sized skis, adult Fischer Combi boots- skis from 172 on up
****Combi Package – 2 pair of skis, Combi boots and poles
***Single Package- either skate or classic skis, boots, poles
Complete and take to rental night.
Nordic Team Race Schedule
January 9, 2016 Happy Jack Challenge Ski (Inter Squad race)
January 16, 2016 Lander - 3.5km Freestyle
January 30, 2016 Happy Jack Mystery event. More info later.
February 6, 2016 Casper- 3.5 km Classic
February 13, 2016 Laramie - Freestyle
February 20, 2016 Middle School Championships –Lander – 2 event day with the combined times of both determining the best all around skier!
All races will start no sooner and as close to noon as possible. Travel schedules will be posted when they are worked out before the meets.