Laramie Junior High Nordic Team
Coach: Chris Hamann
Other coaching staff to be announced
Like our page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Scout Nordic
3:30pm (bus departs for Happy Jack Trails) 5:3Opm( arrive back to school)
Tuesday (optional) 3:30pm to 5:pm
Meet at Scout Park for TNT (Tuesday Night Training). Sport specific conditioning. (Strength, endurance, flexibility and so much more..)
Requirements for team participation:
1. No previous experience necessary
2. A willingness to learn and improve on your own personal experience level
1. To provide an opportunity in a team atmosphere for students to experience the sport of Nordic Skiing.
2. Knowing that all team members will start with varying abilities, to improve and grow in those abilities.
3. To participate and experience true Nordic racing in a meet.
4. All team members will learn to wax skis and take care of personal equipment.
1. Nordic skis, boots and poles.
We will train for both techniques in the Nordic world. Classic and Skate.
Option 1. It is possible to find one pair of skis that will do both. (very good for the beginner) and one pair of boots that is good for both.
Option 2. A pair of skis for each technique.
Check with local ski businesses for season long rentals if you do not own skis. All in town are good and can help you. Bindings on skis are not universal fit. Make sure your boots are the right system for your skis. Try them in the store before getting them to the trails.
2. Winter clothing
A quick lesson in how to dress for success...
- layers, layers, layers ... Bottom layer of wicking (Under Armor, Columbia, Mountain Hardware, etc. ) long underwear, tops and bottoms. Ski tights or lightweight fleece pants, lightweight fleece top, wind pants and jacket. Reserve the heavy jacket for the bus. Hat and gloves. Cotton sweat pants and sweat shirts, jeans etc. soak up water and do not dry. They are not safe in cold conditions. Cotton kills.
3. Water bottle and somehow to carry it. Hydration packs with tubes freeze if not worn under a jacket.
4. Doctors Physical form, if you do not have one on file from another sport this school year.
5. Skier information sheet. (Last sheet of this Packet.)
6. LJHS participation fee. Given to the main office.
Grade _____________________ School________________________________________________
Parents name ___________________________________________________________________________
Volunteer Coach? Yes____ No______ Days available__________________________________
Phone _____________________________________ Phone_____________________________________
Parent Email you want info sent to:___________________________________________________
Medical issues coaches need to know about. (Diabetes, seizures, anorexia, extreme clumsiness, recent injury that may flair up, etc. )
Days of the week you will not make practice because of other commitments.
As a participant of the Laramie Junior High Nordic Team, I understand that I am expected to abide by the Athletic Code of conduct included in the LJHS Handbook. I understand that at all times while on this team I am representing LJHS, my team and the Sport of Nordic Skiing. I understand that my behavior directly effects my performance. If such behavior becomes a chronic problem I can be asked to leave the team.
Participant Signature/ date
Parent- Guardian Signature/ date